Virtual Reality is a hot topic and no more gimmick. Whether you want to jump in it or not, this is the way to go next in career war.
So... What are some cool virtual reality ideas?
1. Credits: John L. Miller
Virtual Reality (VR) has been around and practical - for those with enough money and facilities - for more than 20 years. There's a fair body of research which includes exploration of what it could be useful for.
The most compelling uses:
- Architectural previews of work being considered.
- Shared distributed 3D simulations for military training and exercises.
- An interaction space for those who have trouble leaving their home, so they can have a richer experience of meeting and interacting with new people.
- Desensitization therapy for people with specific fears.
- Entertainment, such as games. IMO this one isn't as rich as people think because of practical problems with the technology. Hopefully the latest generation will help in this regard.
- Virtual meeting places. I wasn't able to make a conference I was scheduled to give a talk at, and would up doing it over a VR environment. It was a nice alternative.
- Rides, such as VR + motion simulators.
- Virtual tourism.
2. Credits: James Ellsworth Steininger
- Anonymous group therapy
- Chatrooms (Home - AltspaceVR Inc)
- Surgery simulation
- Construction simulation
- Educational field trips
- Theme park builder/any bird's eye view game
- Lego simulator
- Table tennis (Oculus Touch/Vive/PSVR)
3. Credits: Ravi Teja
Games, Education, Real Estate Sales/Housing Rent, Space Exploration, underwater sea exploration, Sun's outer exploration and many more cool ideas. When Imagination becomes a starting point and execution as the driving force, even a silly idea creates a massive difference.
4. Credits: Shane Kai Glenn
The use of VR as a means to instill empathy in individuals: How virtual reality can create the ultimate empathy machine
We have already begun to see some exploration in this space and I am confident more non-profits will develop VR experiences which help users have a more intimate, visceral experience with the problems and situations that non-profits are trying to solve.
Some applications could include:
- Experience the day of a victim of human trafficking
- Experience the day of child seeking potable water in an area suffering from water insecurity
- Experience a day in the life of a homeless person
- Experience the life of one of an endangered animal
Do you have ideas for virtual reality and want me to list it here with your name? Just post it in comments below and I will update the list.
Zeeshan owns HTC Vive and Gear VR. If you are a VR developer, contact Zeeshan with steam key.
He has been a gamer since childhood with experiences in spiritualism, lucid dreaming and out of the body. Story