VR Gaming PC Quick Solution

Author: Zeeshan Arshad     649     10/04/2016

Estimated reading time: 1 minute, 21 seconds

Want to get ready for the crazy VR in 2016? I can give you a VR PC recommendation suitable for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, etc.

Best / Realible Most Important Hardware:

Best Graphic Card: GTX 1080 (or minimum GTX 970 / reliable GTX 1060/1070 - priority MSI card)

Best Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K (or minimum Intel Core i5-4590)

RAM:

As with the CPU and GPU, RAM amount is not a deciding factor for VR but getting at least 16GB RAM is recommended for modern games. We see games that use almost 8GB of memory so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to invest some money into it.

Which kind of RAM to buy isn't really important, as the speed of RAM is never important. Only importance is its size. Don't forget to check compatibility with your motherboard.

16GB can make you immune to game stuttering (who knows when even 16GB will be low). Stutter is another thing that is bad in VR games. Dealing with it earlier is recommended.

What Else?

Everything else doesn’t really matter. If you have a reliable computer, all above components will fit in. As the gamers probably have a gaming setup ready to go. So, there isn't much to get aside from items listed above for VR.

Quick Check List:

Make sure that you have:

1) Mentioned GPU

2) Mentioned Processor

3) Enough RAM

4) Windows 10 (or Windows 7 at least)

5) HDMI 1.3 Video Output

6) 3x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 ports

And, yes... don't forget to buy Oculus Rift or Vive :)

Was this topic helpful?

Yes
No
Subscribe YouTube Channel

Zeeshan owns HTC Vive and Gear VR. If you are a VR developer, contact Zeeshan with steam key.

He has been a gamer since childhood with experiences in spiritualism, lucid dreaming and out of the body.

Story  LinkedIn Profile  Courses  YouTube